8/14/2006

A Strange Breed Indeed

I have been having a bad bout of insomnia lately. The interesting thing about insomnia, at least for me, is that when my body is too exhausted to do anything, my mind wanders into topics of either deep meaning or vast stupidity. This time, it's been more of the former.

Tonight I am thinking about how humans find it so difficult to express love. A vulnerability issue I guess. After all, expressing love toward someone opens you up to rejection and ridicule, which for many people is more painful than a physical blow. We're much tougher on the outside than we are on the inside.

I'll admit it - I'm guilty too. There have been a number of instances in my life where I wanted to tell someone that I loved them or cared for them, but I never did. It's definitely something I need to work on.

No comments: