4/02/2006

My Personal Rating System

There's the four (or five) star rating system. The 1-to-10 system, or the 1-to-11 system for Spinal Tap fans. I have devised my own system of rating things based on which medical procedures I would rather undergo than go somewhere/do something/see someone. Here's the list so far (it's a work in progress):
  • Blood draw
  • Pelvic exam
  • Regular dental checkup
  • Mammogram
  • Tooth filling
  • Tooth extraction
  • Colonoscopy
  • Any procedure requiring an incision and local anesthesia
  • Any procedure requiring an incision and general anesthesia
A Bit of Backstory: Yes, a dental checkup is farther down the list than most people would put it. It's because I HATE dentists. I think the entire field of dentistry is evil, due to some traumatic experiences I had as a child. Plus, I get berated by the hygienist every time just because my gums bleed when they jab them with a sharp metal instrument. Dude, most parts of my body would bleed if you stabbed them as hard as you just did to my gums. Stop being so sadistic and put the pick down.

Just had to vent. I feel better now.

No comments: