8/22/2006

Random Tuesday

Today I spent a chunk of my work day prepping and plating rat urine samples for analysis. If you've never had the privilege of working with it, let me tell you - rat urine is one of the most disgusting things on the face of the earth. The smell is simply indescribable. They really should market it as a diet aid, because one whiff of the stuff will put you off your feed for several hours. But while I was working (and trying not to inhale too deeply), I came up with a great company slogan. "Saving Lives, 50 Microliters of Rat Pee At a Time". Wouldn't that be great on a brochure?

In other news, I have a new addition to my list of favorite websites: Television Without Pity. It has really detailed (and pretty hilarious) episode summaries of almost all of the TV shows out there. I laughed out loud at the following snippet from a recap of an episode of "Rome":
"Outside the compound, Pullo is sitting on a log and whittling. A couple of Egyptian boys, unable to resist the target presented by the big red cape, start hucking stones at him. Which is pretty brave, considering that several other Romans are standing sentry right next to Pullo. Pullo sheathes his dagger, slowly gets up, and wings a stone right back, sending the kids running. One of the sentries snickers, earning a shove from Pullo. And in less than ten seconds, we've just seen the clearest explication ever of the Bush Administration's foreign policy."

[Listening to: "World Spins Madly On" by The Weepies]

1 comment:

Ched said...

Interesting Job.