2/09/2006

Team What-the-Hell-Was-I-Thinking

One of my quirks (you can judge for yourself whether it's good or bad) is that I like a challenge. In that spirit, I was insane inspired to enter the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. The rules are simple: a project must be completed between the lighting and extinguishing of the Olympic flame in Torino. The key word is complete. Finished, blocked, pret a porter.

For this task, I have chosen to knit a baby cardigan for Kristen's daughter, Rachel. Kristen picked out the yarn, a baby boucle, which will be really cute but is a pain in the ass to work with. So, much like the Olympic athletes, it's going to be a real challenge for me. Also, I'm dealing with an injury that may become a problem. I spent today making 6 plates of samples, so my left wrist is killing me from all the pipetting.

Wish me luck. I'll need it.

No comments: