1/30/2006

Well That's a New One...

I came across this story on CNN.com. If you're too lazy to click the link, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has vowed not to have sex until after the election on April 9! The man is married, btw.

I've heard of a lot of wacky campaign promises, but this one is a clear winner. What I want to know is who, exactly, is this campaign promise aimed at? With things like middle-class tax cuts, you know the group whose vote you're courting. What group is swayed by a celibacy pledge? I also wonder what his wife thinks about it.


Weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess if he has "often been criticized by commentators and feminist groups for his use of sexual innuendo and sexist jokes" this just means another 'italian stallion' has been broken. Yippee kiyay mutha.