The problem is that dating sites don't ask the questions that might give you some sort of warning about potentially deal-breaking (and sometimes life-threatening) issues. After consulting with some friends, I have come up with a few suggestions for questions that should be in dating profiles:
- Have you been in rehab?
- Have you been in an inpatient psychiatric facility?
- Are there any psycho exes that might come after me if I start dating you?
- For those with tattoos: What is the approximate area, in square inches, of your body that is covered with tattoos? Do any of the tattoos feature the name/likeness of an ex?
- Do you have a criminal record?
- Do you have any piercings that you can't show in public?
- Do you have a job? Does it require wearing a nametag?
- Are you still friends with any of your exes? Is it platonic, or are you "friends with benefits"?
- If I want to spend some time alone, will you get snippy or pouty about it?
- Regarding communication: Are you the type of person who a) never calls unless you're horny; or b) calls me 20 times a day to check up on me?
Just a start. Feel free to suggest additional questions.